With the success of the Griesbach Minis in the winter session, the community league will offer a new Griesbach Explorers program that will run from the start of May until the end of June. This program is open to preschool-aged children born in 2015 and 2016, to a maximum of 25 participants.
It will run every Thursday, May 7 to June 25, from 6 to 7 p.m. It will take place outside, in and around the parks in Griesbach.
The program will consist of various activities which allow children to develop physical skills such as coordination, balance, exercise, hand-eye coordination, teamwork and fair play. Activities could include tag games, yoga, soccer, baseball, hiking and track and field. All the activities will be facilitated by mentor coaches from the Griesbach Explorers program.
The Griesbach Explorers program has a formal registration process that will take place on March 11 and March 12, 6:00 to 7 p.m. at MGG school, at the same time as soccer and baseball registration. The cost is $50 for the program. You must be a resident of Griesbach and hold a valid Griesbach Community League membership.
This is a parented program. Parents remain with the children and are encouraged to participate in the activities. All parents must be willing to volunteer during one of the sessions as an assistant.
There is one volunteer requirement per child, such as a bingo shift or volunteering at another community league event.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO REGISTER:
1. Download this form and fill out two copies to bring to the registration session.
2. Attend either March 11 or 12 registration sessions. Contact Joe SALAYSAY for late registration at: email@example.com
3. Purchase a valid community league membership. Available at the registration or online through the CommuniBee app (download free through App Store or Google Play).
4. Pay the registration fee: $50.00 (please bring cheque or cash).
5. Select a volunteer commitment and provide a $250.00 refundable cheque: to be returned once your volunteer commitment has been honoured.
6. If you wish to volunteer as a mentor for the complete season, that counts as your volunteer commitment.