Spring Soccer Registration Dates
February 24, March 4, March 17, 2015
Griesbach Community League has just announced the three registration dates for parents wishing to enroll their children in our Spring 2015 Minor Soccer Program. All will take place at Major General Griesbach School.
- First Registration: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 – 6:00 p.m.
- Second Registration: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 – 6:00 p.m.
- Third Registration: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 – 5:00 p.m.
We encourage you to register as soon as possible, as teams fill up fast!
2015 Registration Fees/ Age levels
Children are grouped into age categories based on the year they were born. Below are the 2015 fees, set in conjunction with our neighbouring communities in Castle Downs.
U4 (born 2011/2012): $75
U6 (born 2009/2010): $90
U8 (born 2007/2008): $100
U10 (born 2005/2006): $120
U12 (born 2003/2004): $155
U14 (born 2001/2002): $190
U16 (born 1999/2000): $195
U18 (born 1997/1998): $195
Fees include socks and team pictures.
Please bring the following to the registration
- 1 cheque for REGISTRATION FEES according to the fee schedule above for the age group you register your child in.
- 1 cheque UNDATED in the sum of $200.00 for VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT (1 Commitment per child you register) – This cheque does not get cashed unless you fail to fulfill your volunteer commitment.
- 1 cheque UNDATED in the sum of $75.00 for UNIFORM DEPOSIT (1 cheque per child you register) – This cheque will not get cashed unless you fail to return the community uniform. PLEASE NOTE: U4, U6 and U8’s are exempt from this as they are sponsored by Tim Hortons and BMO and get to keep their jersey’s at the end of the season.
- 1 cheque for COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIP FEE in the sum of $25.00 (Unless you purchased one in September, you will not be required to purchase another one, but must bring the one you have). You can purchase online at www.efcl.org/membership.
Coaches and Volunteers Wanted
We are looking for the following coaches/helpers/assistants:
U4 – 3 females and 3 males
U6 – 3 females and 3 males
U8 – 2 males and 2 females
U10B – 2 males or a male and female
U10G – 2 females or a male and female
U12B – 3 males or males and females
U12G – 3 females or males and females
U14B – 2 males
If you do help out with a team, YOU WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO DO A VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can have the necessary paperwork for you at registration day. Those who are returning coaches, please also let us know ASAP so we can account for you right away. Please also inform us which age group you would like to help out with.
Season Opening & Playing Dates
The season is TENTATIVELY set to start MAY 1, 2015
TENTATIVE Playing dates are as follows:
U4 – Fridays from 6-7 p.m.
U6 – Monday’s and Wednesday’s (Monday’s are practice days and Wednesday’s are game days)
U8 – Tuesday’s and Thursday’s (practices are at the discretion of the coaches)
U10 – Monday’s and Wednesday’s (3 rounds, 5 games each round, practices are at the discretion of the coaches)
U12 – TBD due to the FIFA Women’s World Cup being in town, we must comply with FIFA Laws and work around that so these dates are undetermined at this time. (3 rounds, 5 games each round, practices are at the discretion of the coaches)
U14 – U18 – TBD