It may be hot outside, but it’s already time to start planning for the indoor minor soccer season.
The registration days for Griesbach minor soccer will be the evenings of September 12 and 13, so mark you calendars now and read on for additional information about registration and the upcoming season.
The indoor season starts in mid-October and runs until mid-February, pending cities and provincials. Practices vary on the days of the weeks and will be located in a gym nearby (location will vary by team). The majority of the games are on Saturdays or Sundays at one of the soccer centres, based at the age categories.
Registration dates and location (for Griesbach minor indoor soccer)
There are two dates for parents to register their kids at Major General Griesbach School, 304 Griesbach School Rd.
Sept. 12 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Sept. 13 – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
It is MANDATORY that you attend one of the two Griesbach registration Dates listed above. If you do not attend, your child will not be placed on a team.
Any registrations after the September 13 session will be subject to an additional volunteer commitment and $50.00 fee per child.
Soccer registration process, for all age categories from U5 to U9
Prior to attending the registration on one of the above dates, parents or guardians are required to do the following:
- Purchase a 2018/2019 community league membership ($25/household), or bring your current membership card. Can either be purchased online or at the registration sessions. Purchase online ahead of time to speed up the registration process.
- Pre-register online at the EMSA north website.
- Log in to your existing account (for returning players) or create a new soccer account (one account per family NOT per player).
- Once your account is created, fill out the online registration form for the player. You have the option of paying online in the session, or at one of the three registration sessions.
- You must print two paper copies of the form and bring them to one of the registrations dates. If you do not bring the printed forms, your registration will not be accepted. You will be asked to return with a complete package.
- If requesting a transfer, or to play on a certain team, please ensure the information is updated in the portal (community, coach and player request). Transfers are not guaranteed if that community team has no openings.
What to bring to registration
- A copy of the registrant’s birth certificate, Alberta health card or passport, so it can be documented on the registration. These are not kept.
- Two paper copies of the registration form.
- Select a volunteer commitment and provide a deposit cheque in the amount of $250. In the notes section of the cheque make the note of “volunteer deposit” and the player’s name. Do not fill in the payable section.
- A cheque or cash for required registrations fees (see below) only if you have not already paid online through the EMSA north portal. If registering more than one player, registrations fees can be combined on one cheque.
Be aware that volunteer commitments are mandatory part of the sports program. The commitment selection is first-come first-served basis. So, if you leave the registration to a later date, you may have fewer commitments to choose from. As well, if you have failed to provide a volunteer in the past, or missed a commitment, a cash deposit maybe requested.
At the registration session you will receive a duplicate copy of your assigned commitments.
Coaching as a volunteer commitment
If you wish to volunteer as a coach, the $250 volunteer fee is waived and you will have to fill out the required forms. Please bring two photocopies of ID for the police security check. Edmonton Police Services requires the copies, which will be destroyed at the EPS security clearance centre after the check. Coaches must attend one of the mandatory coaching clinics, if they have not attended previously (dates to be announced). Clinic fees are paid by GCL.
What if there aren’t enough players?
If the player is registered in Griesbach and there are not enough players to field a team, parents or guardians will be notified and a transfer to adjacent community in the north zone will be done by the sports director. The Griesbach fee will remain in effect.
Age Categories / Fees
Fees are determined by year of birth. Fees include tax and non-taxable items. See more about fees and age groups here.
U5 (Mixed Only) – 2014 Fee – $160
U7 (Mixed Only) – 2012 / 2013 Fee – $235
U9 (Boys/Girls) – 2010 / 2011 – Fee $285
U11 (Boys/Girls) – 2010 / 2011 – Fee $285
U13 (Boys/Girls) – 2006 / 2007 – Fee $285
U15 (Boys/Girls) – 2004 / 2005 – Fee $290
U17 (Boys/Girls) – 2002 / 2003 – Fee $290
U19 (Boys/Girls) – 2000 / 2001 – Fee $290
There is funding through Kidsport and Jumps Start which both have online applications.
Fill out this form to apply for Jumpstart funding.
100% refund if before Sept 17, 2018 (Pre amalgamation)
50% refund if before Sept 20, 2018 (Zone team final declarations)
Once season commences and placed on a team after Sept 20, 2018, no refunds will be made.
If you have any questions please contact the Griesbach Community League sports director.