Griesbach Introduction to Baseball
Fridays, beginning April 22, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Griesbach Ball Diamond
Griesbach Community League is starting up an introductory baseball program for boys and girls aged 7-10. The first registration date and play session will take place on Friday, April 22nd. It will run until the end of June and take place at the Griesbach Ball Diamond, by the playground and soccer fields.
Our program will follow the structure of the RALLY CAP Initiation Program created by baseball Canada and will serve as a fun introduction to the sport. Kids will split up into groups to learn the basics of catching, hitting and fielding. We’ll also have scrimmage sessions. Children must bring their own glove: all other equipment will be provided.
To register, email Clint or show up at the first session on April 22nd.
In addition to the $50 fee, your household will require a current Griesbach Community League Membership. $25/year/household + online fee. Available online.
- Develop motor skills, teach baseball and basic rules of baseball
- Encourage fun through sports rather than electronics
Time & Session Structure
This program is scheduled for Friday nights at 630 pm. The 1 hour practice will consist of 10 minutes of physical activity (ie. stretching), 5 minutes of basic baseball knowledge and 45 minutes of baseball drills. Depending on how the year goes we may look at increasing practice length. We will try to have a scrimmage at the end of each practice.
The program will follow the structure of the RALLY CAP Initiation program created by Baseball Canada. The Rally Cap program helps to introduce basics of baseball and development of skills. The core goals of the Rally Cap program are:
- Create a fun environment in which children and adults are actively engaged together in the game of baseball
- Develop fundamental motor skills, teach baseball skills, and basic rules to our players
- Experience success with an emphasis on good sportsmanship
- Promote increased self-esteem among Rally Cap children and adults
- Recruiting new coaches and volunteers
The age range for this program will be 7 – 10 year olds. Birth year will be 2006 – 2009. This will assist in keeping development of skills in line with all players.
We are hoping to have a ratio of one coach per six players. If you are interested in helping out, join us on the 22nd!