Be able to say your were in the room to hear the big news concerning Griesbach. Don’t miss the Griesbach Community League AGM: Thursday, March 10, 7 pm, Major General Griesbach School.
- We’ll be unveiling the architectural design renderings for the Griesbach Commercial Area, showing the look and feel planned for the commercial area. It looks pretty sharp and is something you’ll want to see – especially as new tenants are making plans to move in.
- The Griesbach Playground Committee will be sharing the proposed site plans for our one-of-a-kind playground for the first time and are looking for feedback and suggestions. They will be providing a fundraising update and are hoping to make a SIGNIFICANT announcement around construction.
- Come early (6:30) to provide your feedback on what playground equipment you’d like to see as part of our public consultation process. We have several options and would love your input.
- Canada Lands will be in attendance to provide a development update and take questions.
- We will be having an election to fill expired positions on our board of directors. So far there are candidates for all positions, with the exception of Volunteers Director – a position we’d love to fill. Learn more. If you’d like to run, please contact Steve.
- Board members will provide a brief report on what they’ve been up to over the past term and share some exciting ideas they have moving forward.
- MLA David Eggen and Councillor Bev Esslinger will be joining us as well and share a few words.
- Tickets will be available for the Spring Fling – our annual social and fundraiser, scheduled for May 7, at the Crown & Anchor Pub. We’ll also tell you how to get tickets for our annual Easter Egg Hunt (Sunday, March 27 at 10 am).
- A signup table will be set up for those interested in renewing their Community Gardens membership and for paying 2016 fees.
As you can see, it is a jam-packed agenda. We will have a few local babysitters on hand to provide complimentary child care for parents attending the meeting – offering colouring and other supervised activities.
To vote in the election you will require a community league membership (available at the event or online).
As they say in the world of monster trucks: “We’ll sell you the whole seat, but you’ll only need the edge!!!”*