Edmonton Minor Soccer Association begins accepting registrations through its online portal starting February 1st. Griesbach has announced three mandatory registration dates for parents, taking place in March. Complete details below:
2018 Outdoor Soccer Registration
Below is the information for the upcoming U5 – U19 outdoor soccer season. Please note, Edmonton Minor Soccer Association (EMSA) has changed the age categories this year to odd numbers vs. even numbers. This was done to bring Edmonton’s program in line with those across the province, including club programs.
The outdoor registration process opens Feb 1, 2018 on the EMSA North portal (click here). The outdoor season commences in May and runs until the end of June (pending Cities and Provincials). Practices vary on the days of the weeks (pending coaches requests), but the games follow as below:
U5 – Tues/Thurs
U7 – Mon/Wed
U9 – Mon/Wed
U11 – Tues/Thurs
U13 – TBD
U15 – TBD
U17 – TBD
U19 – TBD
2018 Registration Dates (for Griesbach Minor Indoor Soccer & Minis):
- Wednesday, March 7– 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 13 – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 14 – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Any Registrations after the March 14, 2018 Session will be subject to an additional volunteer commitment and $50.00 fee per child.
Major General Griesbach School – 304 Griesbach School Rd
U5-19 Soccer Registration Process
Prior to attending the registration on the three list above dates, Parents or Guardians are required to do the following:
- Purchase a 2017/2018 Community League Membership ($25/household). Can either be purchased through the Griesbach Community League website or at the 3 registration sessions.
- Pre-register online at the EMSA north website http://emsanorth.com/
- Log in to existing or create a Soccer Account (one account per family NOT per player).
- Once your account is created, fill out online registration form for the player. You have the option of paying online in the session or at one of the three registration sessions.
- You must print two paper copies of the form and bring to one of the three registrations dates. If you do not bring the printed forms your registration will not be accepted and you will be asked to return with a complete package.
- If requesting a transfer or to play on a certain team, please ensure the information is updated in the portal (community, coach and player request). Transfers are not guaranteed if that community team has no openings.
- It is MANDATORY that you attend one of the three Griesbach Registration Dates listed above. If you do not attend, your child will not be placed on a team.
- You are required to bring a copy of the registrant’s birth certificate, Alberta Health Card or Passport to the registration session so it can be documented on the registration. These are not kept.
- Select a volunteer commitment and provide a deposit cheque in the amount of $250.
- In the notes section of the cheque make the note of “volunteer deposit” and the player’s name.
- Do not fill in the payable section.
- Be aware that volunteer commitments are mandatory part of the sports program. The commitment selection is first come basis. So, if you leave the registration to a later date, you may have fewer commitments to choose from. As well, if you have failed to provide a volunteer in the past or missed a commitment, a cash deposit maybe requested.
- At the registration session you will receive a duplicate copy of your assigned commitments.
- Bring a cheque or cash for required registrations fees (see below). If registering more than one player, registrations fees can be combined on one cheque.
- If the player is registered in Griesbach and there are not enough players to field a team, parents or guardians will be notified and a transfer to adjacent community in the north zone will be done by the sports director. The Griesbach fee will remain in effect.
If you wish to volunteer as a coach, the $250 volunteer fee is waived and you will have to fill out the required forms. Please bring two photo copies of ID for the Police Security check. EPS requires the copies and will be destroyed at the EPS Security Clearance Center. Coaches must attend one of the mandatory coaching clinics (April 28/29) if not attended previously. Clinics are paid by GCL. As well, there is a mandatory coaching meeting on April 21.
Age Categories / Fees
(Determined by year of birth. Fees include tax and non-taxable items)
U5 – 2013 /2014 Fee – $135
U7 – 2011 / 2012 Fee – $150
U9 – 2009 / 2010 – Fee $170
U11 – 2007 / 2008 – Fee $220
U13 – 2005 /2006 – Fee $250
U15 – 2003/ 2004 – Fee $270
U17 – 2001 / 2002 – Fee $270
U19 – 1999/ 2000 – Fee $270
- 100% refund if before April 4, 2018 (Pre amalgamation)
- 50% refund if before April 9, 2018 (Zone team final declarations)
- Once season commences and placed on a team after April 9, 2018, no refunds will be made.
For all questions, please email the Griesbach Community League Sports Director (CLICK HERE)