Below is the information for the upcoming U5 – U19 indoor soccer season. Please note, Edmonton Minor Soccer Association (EMSA) has changed the age categories this year to odd numbers vs. even numbers. This was done to bring Edmonton’s program in line with those across the province, including club programs.
2018 Registration Dates (for Griesbach Minor Indoor Soccer & Minis):
Wednesday, March 7– 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Tuesday, March 13 – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Wednesday, March 14 – 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Any Registrations after the March 14, 2018 Session will be subject to an additional volunteer commitment and $50.00 fee per child.
Major General Griesbach School – 304 Griesbach School Rd
A. U5-19 Soccer Registration Process
Prior to attending the registration on the three list above dates, Parents or Guardians are required to do the following:
- Purchase a 2017/2018 Community League Membership ($25/household). Can either be purchased through the Griesbach Community League website or at the 3 registration sessions.
- Pre-register online at the EMSA north website http://emsanorth.com/
- Log in to existing or create a Soccer Account (one account per family NOT per player).
- Once your account is created, fill out online registration form for the player. You have the option of paying online in the session or at one of the three registration sessions.
- You must print two paper copies of the form and bring to one of the three registrations dates. If you do not bring the printed forms your registration will not be accepted and you will be asked to return with a complete package.
- If requesting a transfer or to play on a certain team, please ensure the information is updated in the portal (community, coach and player request). Transfers are not guaranteed if that community team has no openings.
- It is MANDATORY that you attend one of the three Griesbach Registration Dates listed above. If you do not attend, your child will not be placed on a team.
- You are required to bring a copy of the registrant’s birth certificate, Alberta Health Card or Passport to the registration session so it can be documented on the registration. These are not kept.
- Select a volunteer commitment and provide a deposit cheque in the amount of $250.
- In the notes section of the cheque make the note of “volunteer deposit” and the player’s name.
- Do not fill in the payable section.
- Be aware that volunteer commitments are mandatory part of the sports program. The commitment selection is first come basis. So, if you leave the registration to a later date, you may have fewer commitments to choose from. As well, if you have failed to provide a volunteer in the past or missed a commitment, a cash deposit maybe requested.
- At the registration session you will receive a duplicate copy of your assigned commitments.
- Bring a cheque or cash for required registrations fees (see below). If registering more than one player, registrations fees can be combined on one cheque.
- If the player is registered in Griesbach and there are not enough players to field a team, parents or guardians will be notified and a transfer to adjacent community in the north zone will be done by the sports director. The Griesbach fee will remain in effect.
Age Categories / Fees
(Determined by year of birth. Fees include tax and non-taxable items)
U5 – 2013 /2014 Fee – $135
U7 – 2011 / 2012 Fee – $150
U9 – 2009 / 2010 – Fee $170
U11 – 2007 / 2008 – Fee $220
U13 – 2005 /2006 – Fee $250
U15 – 2003/ 2004 – Fee $270
U17 – 2001 / 2002 – Fee $270
U19 – 1999/ 2000 – Fee $270
- 100% refund if before April 4, 2018 (Pre amalgamation)
- 50% refund if before April 9, 2018 (Zone team final declarations)
- Once season commences and placed on a team after April 9, 2018, no refunds will be made.